Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cullen Talley goes to Ironman Lake Placid



Hello to all,

I wanted to send you a note and give you some of the info on this Sunday's race in the event you'd like to track my progress. We are in Lake Placid, NY for Ironman USA for my third Ironman. For those that can't remember the insanity, that is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and then a marathon (26.2) miles for a grand total of 140.6 miles under the power of your own body. The course here is one of the most difficult in North America because of being in the Adirondack Mountains. We have a nice swim in Mirror Lake right in town, then we have a "Beast" of a ride that includes some really difficult climbs and some downhills that we could reach nearly 50mph traveling down, and then a marathon with a lot more hills that this Louisiana Boy is used too. In any event, I have 3 other guys I train with racing and our wives supporting us as well as my Mom and youngest Brother Christopher, so we'll be well cared for.

On Sunday you can track my progress at http://ironman.com/events/ironman/lakeplacid under the track and athlete coverage. You can search by my name or Bib number which is 676. The race starts at 7am Eastern/6am Central and I hope to finish in under 12 hours, but my nutrition, equipment, mother nature, and personal effort will dictate that.

I hope you all have a wonderful day on Sunday and please send me some prayers, energy, positive thoughts, whatever you'd like and then when you wake up you can think "Wow he is just starting the swim and then when you are figuring out what to have for dinner you can think I hope he's done."

Thanks to all for the kind words and well wishes

Cullen

No comments: